Extra Credit-Make Up Work
Language Arts Ms. Nutting
Only 2 make up assignments accepted per semester
Make Up-Class Work
1. Interview a member of your family and write a one-page summary of them. Your paper should contain their history, beliefs, life experience, relation to you and how you feel about them. Typed, 12pt, double spaced, NewTimesRoman.
2. Type a short biography on any author/reporter we have read. 1 page.
1. Type a book recommendation, of a grade level novel give at least 3 detailed reasons people should read the book.
Make Up-Essays, Projects, and Tests
1. Write an article on a school event as if you were a newspaper reporter. Your article should be typed, 12pt, times roman, double spaced, two pages long, include pictures.
2. Write a three-page sequel or prequel to any story we have read.
3. Participate in a community event (2-6 hours) and type up a summary of what you did, include pictures(2-4 pgs).
4. Make a public comment at a local government meeting, (school board, neighborhood council, town hall etc) Submit text of your comments and pictures.
5. Type a three-page report on a trip you took. Include the 5-Ws. Include pictures.
Follow directions carefully.